- Organising workers into the Union.
- Establishing shop stewards, workplace union organisation and member representation in the Sector.
- Identifying and developing union activists in the Sector.
- Assisting union members conclude collective agreements with their employers.
- Educating members on the role of trade unions in the protection and advancement of workers’ economic, industrial and social objectives.
- Promoting and defending the members’ interests with their employer.
- Nominating delegates to attend the Divisional Biennial Delegate Conference and to the National Biennial Delegate Conference.
- Nominating candidates to contest elections for the Divisional Committee, the National Executive Council, National Trustees and National Executive Officers
A Divisional Committee, or a Sector Committee with the approval of the Divisional Committee, may from time to time establish subsidiary representative bodies/units of organisation in the Sector.