Job Vacancy for Network Manager of the Trade Union Skillnet
Date Released: 25 March 2013
Applicants are invited to submit proposals to fulfill the contract for Network Manager of the Trade Union Skillnet.
The Contract will be awarded to an individual or organisation on a contract for services/ consultancy basis. The contract will be on a flexible part-time hours basis; the Trade Union Skillnet operates from an office in Congress Head Office in Dublin. The contracting organisation is the Irish Congress of Trade Unions. Participating unions include CWU, IBOA, INMO, MANDATE, SIPTU and TEEU.
- Candidates will have the maturity, credibility based on previous experience and capacity to interact with trade union stakeholders in a meaningful manner
- Candidates will ideally have experience in a similar role or previous project management experience
- Excellent negotiation and communications skills (written and verbal)
- Understanding of project budgets and financial management
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Ability to work within a team environment as well as on own initiative
- Excellent computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Experience of adult learning, training and accreditation
Familiarity with Skillnets (or similar) processes and requirements
Familiarity with trade union structures and objectives
Duties and responsibilities:
The Network Manager* will be required to:
- Manage the overall project budget including meeting income and expenditure targets, managing cash-flow and analysing the network budgets and financial management systems on an on-going basis. Ensure compliance with the financial elements of the Skillnets operating guidelines
- Liaise closely and work with the network steering group to achieve project aims
- Identify training needs of participating unions and feed this information into the 2013 training plan; plan and schedule courses as required.
- Ensure that the training days/participants targets are met and actively work with the trade union organisations to ensure full capacity on training programmes including unemployed members
- Ensure that the online activity management system (SAM) is maintained and updated regularly
- Liaise with Skillnets on all aspects of network activity and co-operate with all Skillnets Ltd. planning, budgeting and reporting systems
- Develop key relationships with relevant bodies including contribution and participation on specific projects and committees and lliaise with trainers, course designers, evaluators, auditors, consultants as appropriate
- Provide accurate and timely financial and activity progress reports to the management and Steering Group
- Represent Trade Union Skillnet at appropriate events in consultation with the contracting organisation and organise occasional network events as required
- Promote the Trade Union Skillnet and ensure that the network website is maintained and updated.
- Administer and co-ordinate procurement and tendering arrangements
- Ensure that trainers fulfil administrative requirements and that all administration and record- keeping activities of the network are completed
- Maintain contact details of training applicants and participants and communicate with them when appropriate
- Prepare all Skillnets claims and related tasks and close off all Skillnets’ project requirements following year end e.g. end of year report and end of project contract etc.
- Complete future funding applications
*Please note that, subject to budgetary limitations, administrative assistance may be provided if necessary to deliver on these tasks and responsibilities. An administrative assistant would report to the Network Manager who would be responsible for allocating and supervising appropriate administrative tasks listed above to the assistant.
The closing date for applications is Thursday 28th March 2013 at 5 p.m. It is proposed to conduct interviews during the following week. Applications for the position should be made, preferably by email attaching a CV, to
Mr Frank Vaughan
Trade Union Skillnet
31/32 Parnell Square